PEST CONTROL CONSULTANT
F+M Pest control GmbH, Germany
(December 2019 – August 2022)
- Monitoring and infestation assessment of different Insect-pests.
- Recommendations of control measures with Integrated-Pest Management (IPM) strategies and application of different insecticides and pesticides.
- Coaching and counseling clients to prevent pest infestation.
- Analysis of preliminary reports, diagrams of infested areas and determine the specific treatments required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
Molecular Phytomedicine Institute, University of Bonn, Germany
(October 2013 – September 2019)
- Phenotyping genetically diversified Arabidopsis germplasm in infection topathogens (Nematodes).
- Statistical genetics analysis especially using Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) with250,000 SNPs array.
- Identification of quantitative trait locii (QTLs) and significant genomic regions.
- Functional characterization of interesting genes using molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qrt-PCR, molecular cloning, development of transgenic lines, and Knock-out-mutant analysis.
Directorate General of Pest Warning and Quality control of Pesticides, Lahore, Pakistan
(March 2008 – July 2008)
- Pest-warning und Quality control of Pesticides.
- Worked in Agriculture extension services to educate farmers to improve agriculture practices and crop yields.
Education and Degrees
PhD AGRICULTURE SCIENCES (PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY)
University of Bonn, Germany
(October 2013 – September 2018)
Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) on the interactions between cyst nematodes Heterodera schachtii and Arabidopsis thaliana.
Universityof Bonn, Germany
(March 2010 – August 2013)
Biodiversity of Noctuidae- Insect-pests (Lepidoptera) from Pothwar-Regionin Pakistan.
Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi, Pakistan
(September 2008 June 2012)
Biosystematics of Noctuid moths(Lepidoptera)
Arid Agriculture University Rawalpidi, Pakistan
(March 2004 – March 2008)
Anwer MA, Anjam MS, Shah SJ, Naz AA, Grundler FMW, Siddique S. Genomewide association study uncovers a novel QTL allele of AtS40-3 that controls susceptibility to cyst nematode infection in Arabidopsis. Journal of Experimental Botany, 69:1805-1814.
Shah SJ, Anjam MS, Anwer MA, Habash SS, Lozano-Torres JL, Grundler FMW, Siddique S. Damage- associated responses of the host contribute todefense Seite 2 von 3 against cyst but not root-knot nematode infection. Journal of Experimental Botany, 16:5949-5960.
Pariyar SR, Nakarmi J, Anwer MA, Siddique S, IlyasM, Elashry A, Dababat AA, Leon J, and Grundler FMW. Amino Acid Permease 6 modulates host response to cyst nematodes in wheat and Arabidopsis. Nematology, doi: 10.1163/15685411-00003172.